Pages

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Body Experiments III


In January I began a series of posts that included "Body Experiments" and "Body Experiments II" which described the testing of various "proven" techniques to improve body composition. This is the 3rd installment and we take a look at a few more results.

Since the last post Noob has completed a full 60 day run of Insanity with some pretty great results. Noob began at a weight of 191 lbs and is now 175 lbs having gone from about 27% body fat to about 13%. He has lost close to 30 lbs of fat and gained about 14 lbs of muscle (mostly in his legs). All in all Noob has seen a total of 15 inches lost with the largest lost around his waste (5 inches lost).


In addition to the changes in appearance Noob also has had a dramatic change in physical performance. Insanity uses a series of movements to gauge overall performance and have labeled them the "Fit Test". Here are Noob's Fit test results from Day 1 to Day 60:


Noob was not the only one to complete a round of Insanity. I also completed the program (my 2nd round complete) with some P90X sprinkled in. In addition to the workout programs, I also experimented with the use of cold water showers to help burn fat(as described in the original "Body Experiments" post). All in all I found the method to be pretty effective. It's hard to tell from the pictures but I definitely felt and saw a difference in definition when I used the cold shower method. I also lost about 10 lbs through the process and a couple percent of body fat (maybe 1).

 

Unlike my first round where I took the Fit Test every 2 weeks, this time around I only took the Fit Test at the very end. Here are my fit tests from my original run of Insanity as well as my latest test (highlighted in red).


Next month we will see Sub Zero's final results and the progress of our first female on a fit quest!

No comments:

Post a Comment