Pages

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Mind - Body - Soul


Balance. Balance is supposed to be the source of peace and happiness in our lives but who has the time to figure out what balance is let alone achieve it. Our worlds move so fast we barely have time to even realize we are out of whack, but if you just pause for a moment the answers usually come rushing up and slap you in the face. I've found the secret to be pretty simple for me. In my case, I focus on 3 simple things - mind, body, and soul. Everyday I feed my trinity and my life is better for it. Each aspect isn't necessarily exclusive despite being completely different components. The things you do to take care of yourself can fall into any combination of mind, body, and soul. Lately to feed my mind I have been reading a lot. I have been reading plenty on health, nutrition, and fitness which enriches my training. Formulating food strategies is definitely amplifying the results of my workouts. My energy levels are high and my body composition is moving along the path I want it to take. Many would stop there and focus solely on mind and body...actually probably only body (and really only physical appearance and not actual health). 
Balance: Not so much

Soul should definitely have as much attention as mind and body. For me feeding the soul is all about emotion. Help someone with something - anything, listen to some epic music, create something - If it's food, I want some, except dessert, I don't like sweet things (makes cutting out sugar pretty easy for me lol). I spend time everyday with my wife (mostly couch time since shes 9 months pregnant!) and always make time for some kind of other relaxation activity. I used to spend a ton of time playing video games and watching movies. The past couple of months I haven't played any video games at all (extremely, extremely out of character for me) and my movie watching time has greatly decreased. I think I may be addicted to health and fitness related activities lol. All in all everything I have been doing as it relates to taking care of mind, body, and soul decreases my stress levels. I usually don't stress about much at all but it would take a lot to throw me out of whack, especially now. Live long and prosper.

No comments:

Post a Comment