Pages

Monday, December 20, 2010

Round 2!

Today begins my 2nd round of Insanity!(Insanity is an interval based cardio workout program created by Shaun T). Today is also a milestone in that it is the first time I made it through an entire workout full bore without stopping! It was still pretty tough - if it wasn't tough then I wasn't doing it correctly. Feels great after doing nothing last week. Last week was my first real recovery week in the past 3 months (just completed a round of P90X+) in which I did absolutely no workouts. I try to give myself a full recovery between regimented workout programs to let my body heal up micro trauma in the muscles and prep myself for the beating to come.

Gotta say I was a bit restless the past week. I find it pretty difficult to take a step back from fitness. At the beginning of the year that previous statement would not apply to me at all as prior to this past March, I didn't workout for probably 4-5 years lol. Despite having trouble pulling myself back from workouts, today came with the usual necessary psyche up to finally get myself into workout mode. I battle myself almost every day to get up and actually work out and the same thing always happens. I win the battle and feel awesome after the workout. Even though I didn't stop through the entire workout I really didn't sweat as much as I used to during my first round of Insanity. I also didn't drink as much water (used to drink 4 bottles in about 45 minutes and today only 1).

I am hoping I will see as much improvement through the 2nd phase of Max workouts (Max workouts - more difficult movements for a longer duration in the 2nd month of Insanity) as I have seen today with phase 1. These initial 45 minute workouts go by so fast compared to P90X which take about 1 hour and usually a followup ab workout for 20 minutes. I should complete the 60 days of Insanity by the end of February which is when Asylum releases! It's said that if Insanity is practice, Asylum is the game. That followup program is supposed to be a BEAST and somehow work in weights with the crazy cardio?! Asylum is gonna be awesome! Not that Insanity wasn't a beast in and of itself. I remember my first round where I had to take breaks during the 15 minute warm ups lol - did I mention prior to that I didn't work out for years? Let me end with a few embarrassing images LOL.
NEVER AGAIN will I let myself get into that shape LOL. Wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment